Friday, 14 January 2011

What makes a good story?

What do you think makes a great story?

What does a good author need to think about when writing a new story?

What specific elements would YOU consider most important when YOU are writing a story?

9 comments:

  1. i think that a good story should include imagenation and that it should guide you in to the story.
    i also thindk that the charecters feeling goes up and down.

    from Mika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good story has a beginning, a middle and an end, and the best ones have a twist in the tale just before the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that a great story should have adventure, imagination and maybe sometimes a sad bit. I like story's with fighting and violence, I like the famous five, secret seven and other adventure books I also like to read information books.

    from anish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that a story needs different characters
    it needs imagination fantasy and interesting words and creativity

    Phillip

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good story is imagination.

    A author needs a good imagenation.

    The bigining,middle and end.

    From Pietro

    ReplyDelete
  6. When YOU are making the story YOU need to BE IN THE STORY like YOU need to how it like in the story!!! If YOU did that YOU will have a great BOOK!!!!!!!!!


    Nozomi

    ReplyDelete
  7. a good story must hav a happy ending a sad
    ending or a exiting ending and also a start
    midill and end that is how a explan a story



    from jarydd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mr. Driver
    A great story needs good and bad characters. It also needs a problem as well or it will be boring. I sometimes like to read books that have very much imagination because if not it will be very simple. If you are starting a new book try not to have the same problem or almost the same character. I like books with a happy ending because if not I feel bad. When I start reading a book the first sentence has to be a good one or I will not carry on reading. I think in good stories you need to have a happy start and in the middle there has to be a problem, and at the end it has to end good. I like creative books! Sometimes I like to have adventures books but sometimes I like books that are about people’s life. I don't like books not describing the character. My favorite author is Roald Dahl.

    From Raphaela

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my opinion a great story should have the most exciting part near the end. Sometimes when the most exciting part is at the end, and suddenly the end comes like a bang, you think the story isn't so good but actually it is quite good because it makes you think review the story because you think the story is to short even though it isn't.

    ReplyDelete

If there are three 3rd grade classes going on a school trip and each class has 22 students in it. How many busses would be needed if each bus holds 22 people?