Thursday, 10 February 2011

Dramatic Poetry Readings with Mrs. Coffey

After Mrs. Coffey's 'dramatic reading' presentation the students of grade three were very motivated and excited about the prospect of performing. The students searched through many many poetry books with the help of Mr. Owen and selected poems that they liked. They could work by them selves or in a group no bigger than three. Mrs. Coffy came back to workshop with them to help them improve their dramatic readings. This was the criteria for a good dramatic performance that the students of 3.3 created:

Criteria for a Dramatic Reading
How to engage with the audience

Dramatic reading by:
Assessed by:


1
2
3
4
5
Use different voices





Use expression in your voice (excitement, anger, fear, surprise…)





Speak in different volumes





Use a prop (and things around you)





Use movement (body language)





Eye contact, face the audience





Try not to look at the book (learn your poem!)





Speed up, slow down, pause





Enjoy it!




























1 comment:

  1. I think that I liked the most just sitting and
    watching the other people do there poem.
    When it was my turn I was very nervous and I wanted to ask mr.driver if I didn't have to do my poem. I learnt how to control better my nerves.

    phillip

    ReplyDelete

If there are three 3rd grade classes going on a school trip and each class has 22 students in it. How many busses would be needed if each bus holds 22 people?